You know, when I listens to the news these days, and I hears some brainee politisian spoutin some nonsense like only folks in Washington knows how to do, I can't hep but recollect the words of ol Honest Abe; " tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Now, I sometimes says some things ought not be said. And I spose I has now and again spouted off some perty fine nonsense. That mostly cause I generly ingage my mouth afore my brain. Anyways, when you gets to bein my age, folks just nachurally make allowances for you. Ever time I says somthin mule stupid, folks just say, "ol B B can't hep it, cause he is old". And I is might proud to use that as my ekscuse. But them fellers in Washington, ain't got no ekscuse. They ain't old as B. B. and they sur nuff got more book learnin.
But you know, the way I figure, most everbody got a bit a stupid they carry around inside, and ever once in a while it just kinda sneaks out when theys least ecspects it. I spect I wood have a mite more teeth in my mouth if'n I just could'a kept some a that stupid inside when I were a young'un. But you know ol B B, he jus can't keep his jowls shut mor'n five seconds but what he think he gonna explode. Sos I spout off and next thin you knows we be dancin the two fist polka.
It don't make no never mind tho. I has enjoyd ever minute. I don't think I wood change a thing even if'n I
could. Remember, Life is what you make it. Don't waste it folks. Live it.
No comments:
Post a Comment