Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Countin Stuff

I hear tell recently they is seven billion people what live on this here earth.  What concern me is who the feller is a counting all them folks.  That sure is a powerful lot of people for anybody to be trying to number 'em.  It seems like nowadays we have to count everything from the number of people walkin' top side to the number of roastin ears in Nebraska.  Course I know its mighty important to know how many barrels of oil they is in Iraq or how many nuclear warheads we has got stored away in some mountain.  Ain't nobody more concerned 'bout those important things than old B.B.  But how come we ain't never heard of nobody countin' things that common folks really care about.  I sure would be curious to know how many barrels of Jack Daniels we got stored away for a rainy day. 

Before I sign off for the day let me pass along this bit of sage advice from a wise old philosopher name of Satchel Paige: "Ain't no man can avoid being born average, but there ain't no man got to be common."

No comments:

Post a Comment