Old B. B. been around a long time. Some folks around Washington used to say I was so old, I must'a been Strom Thurmond's third grade teacher. Of course that weren't true. Heck, I never made it much past third grade myself. And most folks I meet don't have the foggiest notion who Strom Thrurmond was. So I guess I am older than dirt. That's okay though. I'd rather be stomping on the grass than pushin' up daisies.
But whatever happened to the good old days when our politicians had flair. We had great nicknames back in the day. Remember ol' Silent Cal and Give "em Hell Harry. If that's too far back, how about Dutch Reagan and Tip O'Neil. And who was the genius what slapped the handle "Newt" on Speaker of the House Gingrich.
I guess that's a sign you're a gettin' old; when a man would rather look back than forward. I seen a lot things happen in my time. Some good, some bad. Some funny, some sad. But its been an interesting life. Stick around and I'll tell you about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment