Been sick and tired these last few weeks. But ol Grim Reaper ain't got aholt a me yet. It'll take a might more than a few old flu bugs to take Ol B B down. I recollect back in 1919 how folks all over was frettin bout the sickness spreadin cross this country. Weren't a family I knowd that weren't touched by it. It was a mighty sorrowful time. Soldiers just comin back from Europe, most of em just happy to have made it out of that war alive. Then they finds theyselves in the middle of another powerful struggle and once again it seem like death were everywhere.
But like my onry ole mule, Sally, I just too dadburn stubburn to get sick and pass on. I has dissapointed the gate keeper so many times I suspect he just about given up on me. Don't bother me none. I'll keep a walkin top side til ol St Pete and Lucifer get it figured out which one of em gets stuck with me.
I is feelin a might tired now. I reckon I had better get some rest. Remember, keep your feet on the ground and keep reachin for the stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment