Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

Bucket List

When a feller gets to bein my age, folks just natur'lly starts to gettin curious 'bout you.  Ain't hardly a day goes by what someone don't ask me when I was borned or if'n I fought in the Civil War, stuff like that.  I like to tell folks that by the time the Civil War started I was too old to fight.  Gets a good laugh from 'em.  Ain't no matter though.  I know my days on this here earth are numbered.  But afore I goes to cash in my chips, I got a few more stories to tell, a few more songs to sing, a few more beers to drink and a passel more fish to catch.  Folks nowadays calls it a bucket list.  Well, I may be older'n the Black Hills but I needs at least two buckets for all the fat I's got left to chew. 
Now you might think I is bein selfish but I been so busy lately I have takin a notion not to die at all.  Lord, I reckon it'll take me forty 'leven years just to get caught up.  Folks keep on tellin me I need to slow down, but I got to tell you, the thought of retiredment just sticks in my gizzard.  Sideways at that.  I don't cotton much to lazy folks and I got no plans on bein one. 

Thought for the day:  Remember if,n you don't suffer from stress, You is probly a carrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment